We need your input on the draft concept plan for Pilot Hill!
Join us on January 28th or 29th!
Lincoln Community Center | 365 W. Grand Ave.
5:30 - 7:30 PM
The Pilot Hill Committee invites you to join us at two community workshops to review and provide feedback on the draft Pilot Hill land use concept plan. This first draft will show potential trail types, trail locations, management boundaries, and other considerations. The draft concept plan will serve as a starting point for discussions at these workshops and will then be modified based on your feedback.
The Pilot Hill Project
The objective for the Pilot Hill Project is to preserve ~5,500 acres of undeveloped open space east of Laramie in order to protect the Casper aquifer drinking water resource, conserve critical wildlife habitat areas, enhance educational and recreational opportunities for residents and visitors, and promote economic development by providing a world-class natural amenity to attract and retain businesses and their employees.
About the Pilot Hill Project Land Use Plan
The project team is currently working with SE Group, a planning firm, to develop a land use plan for Pilot Hill that will include recommendations and designs for a non-motorized trail system, parking and access, and habitat and aquifer protection. www.pilothill.org/plan is your resource to learn about and provide input on the land use plan.
Why support the project?
The project will bring many benefits, including:
- Protection of a portion of the recharge zone to the Casper Aquifer, a primary drinking water source for a majority of Albany County residents
- Protection of the incredible views from Laramie east toward the Laramie Range
- Creation of new public access directly from Laramie to ~5,500 acres of foothills and the Medicine Bow National Forest
- Expansion of public recreation opportunities, which will enhance quality of life for Albany County residents
- Increase in tourism and economic development associated with improved access to open space and recreation
- Preservation of an area that offers crucial winter wildlife habitat