The Pilot Hill Project
An opportunity to support future economic development and growth by providing accessible open space and recreational opportunities for residents and visitors and thereby increasing the attractiveness of our community as a place to live and do business.
Have questions or suggestions about the purchase?
We'd love to hear from you.
We're compiling questions to answer on a future FAQs page, address at a future public meeting, and more.
Why support the purchase?
The project will bring many benefits, including:
- Protection of a portion of the Casper Aquifer recharge zone, the primary drinking water source for the City of Laramie, the University of Wyoming, and Albany County Residents
- Preservation of the viewscape from Laramie east toward the Laramie Mountains
- Creation of a route for direct public access from Laramie to approximately 55,000 acres of National Forest lands east of Laramie
- Expanded public recreation opportunities, which will enhance the livability and experience for Albany County Residents, including students, faculty and staff affiliated with the University of Wyoming
- Increased tourism potential associated with improved recreational opportunities
- Preservation of an area that offers critical winter wildlife habitat